I did a podcast.
A week or so ago I had a wee Twitter conversation with Philip Larkin about his appearance on the Guilty Pleasures Podcast. Shortly afterwards, Stuart Tompsun (the host) got in touch to ask if I'd like to record an episode. I would like to record an episode, thanks very much.
While I'm not particularly pleased with my performance (I didn't hold the mic properly, I ramble, my voice is torturous), I am proud that I was brave enough to have a go. I listen to a lot of podcasts and kinda felt like I had to, I dunno, live up to something rather than just have a chat.
Anyway, that's by-the-by. Though I don't care about what I have to say, you might. And if you do, you'll maybe be looking for more information on the stuff we talked about. Not being one to let an opportunity for painstakingly gathering links pass me by, here are extensive show notes from episode 10 of the Guilty Pleasures Podcast:
- My animation for Pringle
- Some of my illustrations for Wired
- My stop-motion video for Kid Canaveral
- Stuart's stop-motion video for Shambles Miller
- One of the many Skate 3 videos I made.
- The Survival in the City post I wrote a while back
- It’s Such a Beautiful Day by Don Hertzfeldt
- The Red and the Blue - Italian animation, not French. My mistake. Also nothing to do with Pingu.
- Don Hertzfeldt’s Simpsons couch gag
- Banksy’s Simpsons couch gag
- Sylvain Chomet’s Simpsons couch gag
- Marcel the Shell with Shoes On - I had seen this before. Forgot in the heat of the podcast.
- Piece and Pound Coins by Swatpaz (above)
- Swatpaz - the best, Jerry.
- @KatoAbes aka TheBoldKato, aka Mrs. Swatpaz
- Limmy on Vine
- Philip Larkin on Vine
- Lizzy Stewart - illustrator based in London
Muppets & Puppets
- Jim Henson making puppets
- Jim Henson's memorial
- Kermit And Fozzy Meet Cows
- Elmo makes Holly Willoughby cry
- Big Bird learns about death
- Ricky Gervais and Elmo
- Zig & Zag
- Mr. Blobby with Wayne Sleep
- Barry Killerby
- Blobbyland, the abandoned theme park
- Gordon the Gopher
- Ed the Duck with Andi Peters.
- Murder on The Dancefloor by Sophie Ellis Bexter
- Jonnie Common - Crumbs
- Carbs - Life Drawing (above)
- Lil' Dicky - Bruh
- Inquisitive Podcast #50: Favourite Album: Bryan Irace and 'Kid-A'
- Presstube screensaver - I use this on my computer
- French Girls - Take selfies, get drawings.
- All This Mayhem - Tas Pappas Documentary
- Tony Hawk - The 900
- Gizzi Espresso in Shawlands
Think that's all of them.
Guilty Pleasures is a great wee podcast - Stuart does a brilliant job at getting his guests to open up. As a good starting point, have a listen to this week’s episode with David Ferguson (aka Swatpaz). He's less painful than me.
Saying that, now that I've taken my first step, I'm tempted to have a go at making a podcast of my own. It'd probably be good for my growing inability to talk to other people. Would anyone out there listen (if I got better at it)?
Cheers Stuart for having me on.